[Ads-l] meet cute

Tue Jan 25 00:13:54 UTC 2022

A thread about "meet cute" occurred in February 2019. I posted the May
22, 1937 citation for the verb form in "The New Yorker".

http://listserv.linguistlist.org/pipermail/ads-l/2019-February/154161.html

Ben Zimmer pointed out that Barry Popik had already shared the cite on
his Big Apple website:

“Meet cute” (romantic comedy rule)
https://www.barrypopik.com/index.php/new_york_city/entry/meet_cute/

Garson