[Ads-l] There is no gravity, the earth sucks

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Wed Mar 16 16:50:42 UTC 2022

My memory doesn't feel in the least disparaged, Bill. There's a difference
between "documented" - maybe I just made that up; you never know - and
"documented." Suppose that I hadn't said anything, because I had no
documentation. Would there have been any motivation to see whether there
was documentation or even any knowledge that something that might be
documentable existed? "Such thing as" isn't part of my memory, but WTF?
It's close enough for government work. Good job, Bill!

On Mon, Mar 14, 2022 at 11:35 AM Bill Mullins <amcombill at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Without disparaging Wilson's memory, here is a documented cite:
>
> 1960 Hudson & Landry Hanging in There​ Dore Records LP-324 [liner notes,
> back of the album cover]
>
> Landry also writes tone poems for your acapella head: YOU WERE NEVER
> LOVELIER, AND I THINK IT'S A SHAME; THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS GRAVITY --
> THE EARTH SUCKS; IV'E FALLEN INTO SOMETHING AND I HOPE IT'S LOVE; THE ONLY
> THING I HATE WORSE THAN BIGOTRY IS MINORITY GROUPS; and THE BOTTOM'S
> DROPPED OUT OF EVERYTHING BUT YOU.
>

> > Re:  Undocumentable Army graffito
> >
> > Seen in November, 1959, written in pencil on the outside wall of one of
> the
> > mess halls at the now-defunct Fort Devens, Massachusetts:
> > "There is no gravity / The earth sucks."

- Wilson
-----
-Mark Twain