[Ads-l] Word: pantser, seat-of-the-pants, seat-of-the-pantser

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Tue Mar 29 20:24:50 UTC 2022

Yes, another of those good old pleonastic reversatives; cf. *string/de-string
(beans), pit/de-pit (cherries), worm/de-worm (puppies), **peel/unpeel
(oranges), thaw/unthaw (frozen squid), loosen/unloosen (ties), *and—at
least for Amelia Bedelia—*dust/undust (the furniture).*
LH