[Ads-l] punching up/down

Stanton McCandlish smccandlish at GMAIL.COM
Fri Apr 1 03:27:29 UTC 2022

The first time I recall hearing/seeing this expression it was in an
interview with comedian George Carlin.  But I wouldn't be able to precisely
place that on a timeline.  Googling for it turns up a lot of hits:
https://www.google.com/search?q=george+carlin+punch+up+not+down