Call for Abstracts and Papers!!!

Vanisha Pierce nisha_10705 at YAHOO.COM
Fri Apr 25 22:25:33 UTC 2008

CALL FOR ABSTRACTS

1)   Special Issue: Black and Latina/o Sexualities

Sexuality Research and Social Policy: Journal of National Sexuality Resource Center (SRSP). SRSP is a peer-reviewed on-line academic journal; you can examine volume 1 (2004) of the journal for free at www.sexualityresearch.net.

Marysol Asencio and Juan Battle, Guest Editors

We are interested in a broad range of social and behavioral science and policy research on topics associated with Black and/or Latina/o Sexualities. The publication is currently scheduled for release winter 2009. If you are interested in contributing to this special issue we ask you to e-mail an abstract (300 words or less) of your potential contribution no later than May 15th, 2008 to Marysol.Asencio at uconn.edu with the subject heading SRSP:ABSTRACT. All submitted abstracts will be reviewed by the guest editors and we will then inform you whether you are invited to submit a manuscript. Manuscripts will be peer-reviewed prior to acceptance for publication in the journal. If your abstract is accepted, you will receive a detailed letter with specific author and submission instructions and deadline. If you have additional questions about this special issue, please contact Marysol.Asencio at uconn.edu

2)    Special Issue:  Latina Sexualities

NWSA Journal, an official publication of the National Women's Studies Association, publishes the most up-to-date interdisciplinary, multicultural feminist scholarship linking feminist theory with teaching and activism. See more info on this peer-reviewed  journal at  www.nwsaj.lsu.edu

LourdesTorres and Lorena Garcia, Guest Editors

Articles are invited from the perspectives of activists, artists, independent scholars, faculty, and health practitioners from a broad range of disciplines and fields, that address issues of Latina sexual desire, reproduction, danger and pleasure, cultural activism, creating and performing sexual identities, human rights and social justice, and citizenship, among other topics. The publication is currently scheduled for release in 2009. If you are interested in contributing to this special issue we ask you to e-mail an abstract (300 words or less) of your potential contribution no later than May 15th, 2008 to ltorres at depaul.edu  with the subject heading NWSA: ABSTRACT. All submitted abstracts will be reviewed by the guest editors and we will then inform you whether you are invited to submit a manuscript. Manuscripts will be peer-reviewed prior to acceptance for publication in the journal. If your abstract is accepted, you will receive a detailed letter
 with specific author and submission instructions and deadline. If you have additional questions about this special issue, please contact ltorres at depaul.edu

CALL FOR PAPERS

3) Special Issue:   Latina/o Sexualities

Diálogo is a bilingual magazine published by the Center for Latino Research at DePaul University that is dedicated to publishing research and the creative works of scholars, artists, community organizers, and students. Our aim is to provide effective links between the academic community and the larger Latino communities in Chicago and the U.S. We strive to publish useful information of interest and importance to our communities. For more info on Diálogo see http://condor.depaul.edu/~dialogo/

Lourdes Torres, Guest Editor

Diálogois seeking articles, essays, art work, photography, fiction and poetry by scholars/activists/students around the topic of Latina/Latino sexualities. The steady emergence of new writings, performances, media, virtual communities, and activist groups bear witness to the importance of how Latina/o people love and express themselves sexually.  Articles are invited on any aspect of this experience. Also invited areinterviews with activists, artists, community leaders/organizers, educators, and other individuals working on issues concerning Latina/Latino sexualities. Submissions due August 25, 2008.  For further guidelines and other questions please contact Lourdes Torres: ltorres at depaul.edu or managing editor Maria Ochoa: mochoa at depaul.edu