FW: MLA Language Change and Preservation - 2 Calls for Papers

Noori, Margaret mnoori at UMICH.EDU
Mon Feb 27 20:36:30 UTC 2012

Aanii / Hello . . .

Please note the following calls for papers to be presented at MLA 2013.

Forgive the addition to you emailbox , although not many linguists attend MLA, I thought the eastern location this year and timing with other linguistics meetings might make the overlap advantageous.

All best,

Margaret Noori, PhD

Director, Comprehensive Studies Program
www.lsa.umich.edu/csp/
1111 Angell Hall
505 South State Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1003
734/763-4266 office
mnoori at umich.edu
www.ojibwe.net

*****************

At What Cost Change? Language Preservation, Identity, and Public Policy
Division: Language Change
As language changes, what else happens? How should we respond? All languages and methodological approaches welcome (theory, field work, policy, etc.). 250-word abstracts by 15 March 2012; Chris P. Pearce (chris.p.pearce at gmail.com).

Language Change and Changing Work: A Roundtable
Division: Language Change
As the academy changes, why does linguistics remain important for MLA disciplines? Papers in any disciplinary context (linguistics, rhetoric, literature and cultural studies) welcome. 250-word abstracts. by 15 March 2012; Chris P. Pearce (chris.p.pearce at gmail.com).
http://www.mla.org/cfp_main