Continuing the morphology and syntax discussion

Monica Macaulay mmacaula at WISC.EDU
Wed Oct 31 22:45:00 UTC 2012

Well, we already have the Algonquiana list.  Some of us (linguists) had thought that the non-linguists would be annoyed to get lots of email about linguistics, and that it would be better to form a separate list - in fact, I established one on LINGUIST today, but had to email them for help because their directions are not the clearest.  But there have been so many messages today saying that we shouldn't separate the groups, that I guess we shouldn't.  Unless anyone else wants to speak up on the other side of the issue!

If you know of anyone who might like to be on the list but isn't, have them go here:  http://linguistlist.org/lists/get-lists.cfm, to sign up.

- Monica

On Oct 31, 2012, at 1:37 PM, Tanya Slavin wrote:

> I would be interested too, I think its a great idea. Maybe we could
> take it out of the e-mail and set up a google group discussion or some
> other forum like that?
> tanya.
>

> On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 2:12 PM, Robert Brightman <rbrightm at reed.edu> wrote:
>> Having missed the realtime prototype last Sunday, I'd like to follow a
>> follow-up.
>>
>> Rob Brightman
>>

>> On 10/31/12 9:57 AM, Ann Spinney wrote:
>>>
>>> I would also be interested in following the discussion although my
>>> interests are cognate (I am not a linguist) and I could not attend the
>>> conference this year. ~Ann
>>>
>>> Dr. Ann Morrison Spinney, PhD
>>> Ethnomusicologist