Continuing the morphology and syntax discussion

Mary Ann Corbiere mcorbiere at USUDBURY.CA
Wed Oct 31 20:18:17 UTC 2012

Dr. (I presume) Colson makes a good point regarding silos. As a teacher of Nishnaabemwin who doesn't have any formal linguistic training, "listening in" on linguists' discussion often gives me information that is very useful. Concepts I glean in this way often help me to clarify the changes that my non-linguistics-majors, adult students find so bewildering and worrisome. So, I'd like to be kept in the loop even though I'd only be a listener.

M. Corbiere

>>> Alicia Colson <alicia.colson at GMAIL.COM> 10/31/12 3:55 PM >>>
                   Wouldn't it better for the non-linguists to be included in such a     discussion, rather than be copied in, since otherwise there is a     risk of yet another silo which are never a good idea. It's much     easier to prevent a silo than to get rid of them after they've been     created. It's not that difficult to just press the delete     button..and I'd prefer to have this option than to remain     oblivious.

     Best,

     Alicia