(from Marie-Odile Junker)

Amy Dahlstrom a-dahlstrom at UCHICAGO.EDU
Thu Mar 7 01:28:22 UTC 2013

Marie-Odile was unable to post the following comment on the pointing
discussion:

In our paper on Demonstratives in East Cree (PAC 34, 2003),  Marguerite
and I mention a set of demonstratives almost always used with pointing
of the lips: /maaw, maan, maanaa/ and their six locative adverbial
counterparts.
I was told it is OK to point with the hand if one cannot use the lips or
in addition to the lips, but the hand has to be closed in a fist, no
finger pointing.

Marie-Odile