Indigenous language survival

Conor Quinn conor.mcdonoughquinn at MAINE.EDU
Wed Apr 2 16:30:28 UTC 2014

Dia dhuit, a chara!

Kil na kulasuweltomulonen psi te tan kisuwikhomon.  Woke me right up to a
whole other aspect of the problem.  And in the meantime (mesq
tuhkiyawolotihtihq psi te governments and universities), I guess the
challenge is to find and recover spaces in everyday life where speakers and
learners can regularly get together and just use the language
naturally---preferably with as many small ones underfoot (and included) as
possible.  The Myaamia seem to have developed a really strong system of
agreements between families to help get everyone speaking as much as
possible.

Apc ote kulasuweltomulon,

Conor