testing proficiency

Mary Ann Corbiere mcorbiere at USUDBURY.CA
Mon Jan 20 19:36:14 UTC 2014

Hello Monica et al.

I received the following query last week: " I'm ... from Walpole Island. I am a member of our Language Taskforce and we are running a teacher training program to produce certified language teachers. Some of our students' sponsors and ourselves would like to know if you are aware of a standard tool for measuring the degree of fluency that is available?"

Did anything ever emerge from the query Monica sent out a while back regarding the same matter as it pertains to another Algonquian language? If so, please let me know so I can give the task force member some hopefully useful leads. I'll also ask the person if he's amenable to me forwarding his note to you.

Gchi-miigwech.

MAC

>>> Monica Macaulay <mmacaula at WISC.EDU> 11/14/13 10:20 AM >>>
Wow, thanks everybody!  It will take me some time to work through all the information you've given me, but I can see that it's really going to help.  And Mike, it's Ronco who asked me about this!!!  I'll remind him that he has yours already.  :-)

- Monica