[Algonquiana] Prehistoric Language contact ?

Michael McCafferty mmccaffe at indiana.edu
Thu Nov 20 18:21:10 UTC 2014

Yes. Trade languages and their aboriginal use, I'm aware of. But I'm
squeamish about accepting the notion that a handful of foreign terms
borrowed into an unrelated language can have such a far-reaching effect
phonologically on that language. Perhaps my imagination is limited. I
will keep gnawing.

Michael