[Algonquiana] Legend

Bousquet Marie-Pierre marie-pierre.bousquet at umontreal.ca
Fri Jun 3 13:36:01 UTC 2016

Kwe kakina, hi everyone,

I am looking for documentation about specific little people. There are different kind of little people among the Algonquins: memegweshik, Anishinabeshishak, Nadoweshishak. I am looking for stories about little people who smell the food to get fed. They come during the night and you know they came because the food has no flavour. One of my informants told me they have no bums and apparently no mouth. I would like to know if someone has heard of that legend.

Kitci mikwetc, many thanks,
———————————
Marie-Pierre Bousquet PhD
Directrice du Programme en études autochtones<https://www.facebook.com/pea.udem>
Professeure titulaire/Full professor
Département d'anthropologie
Université de Montréal
C.P. 6128, succ. Centre-ville
Montréal (Qc) H3C 3J7
CANADA
Tel: 514-343-2152<tel://Tel:%20514-343-2152>
marie-pierre.bousquet at umontreal.ca<mailto:marie-pierre.bousquet at umontreal.ca>
www.graaq.ca<http://www.graaq.ca/>