[Algonquiana] "payiinsak" mentioned in WIkwemikong onManitoulin Is.

Danielle E. Cyr dcyr at yorku.ca
Sat Jun 4 00:10:21 UTC 2016

The Mi'gmaq people also have their little man, namely the pugladmùj.
See among other links : http://www.firstnationhelp.com/ali/wiklatmuj/
Metallic, Cyr and Sévigny's Dictionary gives :

bugladmùj: the little people in Mìgmaq legend,  perhaps humanoïds
created in earlier times.  Syn. amadalùj.
and : jigêjàwey, disgusting, used chewing tobacco. Orig. from the Mìgmaq
folk song about the Bugladmùjk or little people which goes «jàwàli je
dlià jigêjàwey» which translates 'give me some chewing tobacco even if
it has already been chewed. Aahk!
Warmest regards from the Gaspe Peninsula,
Danielle

Scholar at York University339, boul. Perron ouestNew Richmond, QC,  G0C
2BOdcyr at yorku.ca - 418.392.7271