[Algonquiana] Internship available

MONICA MACAULAY mmacaula at wisc.edu
Sat Jun 25 19:18:01 UTC 2016

Dear Algonquianists,

Please forward to any interested parties:

The Endangered Language Fund (ELF), a non-profit organization dedicated to the documentation and revitalization of endangered languages, has an opportunity for an unpaid internship at our New Haven, Connecticut, office.  The timeframe is open-ended, but we are most interested in someone who could make a commitment for a year (start date between June and mid-August). Duties would include updating the ELF website, working on our newsletter, tracking progress of grants, maintaining the ELF Facebook page, and a variety of other tasks.  We would be especially interested in someone with good social media skills. This is a great opportunity to learn about language documentation and revitalization, as well as non-profit management. It is also a good way to explore possibilities for graduate school and network with other linguists. Hours are flexible; previous interns have had outside paying jobs as well as volunteering, but the intern should spend 10-20 hours per week in the ELF office in New Haven. To apply, please send a letter of application to elf at yale.edu<mailto:elf at yale.edu>, telling us about your background and interests, what time period you would be available for, providing the names and email addresses of two references (letters are not needed at this time), and attaching a resume.  Deadline for applications: August 15, 2016.

Thank you,
Monica

Monica Macaulay
President, ELF