[Algonquiana] Innu Grammar by L. Drapeau

Robert Brightman rbrightm at reed.edu
Thu Nov 30 16:24:58 UTC 2017

Dear Professor Drapeau,

Forgive the English.  My French is improving--but not not the degree
that I would wish to subject you to it.

If I recall correctly, you told me at the conference in Montreal of an
Innu text involving an overwintering  pet moose, and generously offered
to share it.  Needless to say, I would appreciate receiving it.  I have
nothing comparable to exchange--but enclose fur trader George Nelson's
Ojibwe pet bear cub story as partial reciprocity.

I should note that I and many of my students over the years are admirers
of your 1986 article  "Entre le reve et la realité: le mode subjectif en
Montagnais." If you have since written more on the /subjectif/, I would
like the references.

Thank you and best,

Robert Brightman