[Algonquiana] Fwd: In Memoriam: Associate Professor Dr. Daniel Strouthes passes away

MONICA MACAULAY mmacaula at wisc.edu
Wed Jun 6 19:36:57 UTC 2018

This was sent to Marie-Odile, who sent it to me. Please address any responses to Wendy Geniusz (address below).

-----
Début du message réexpédié :

De: "Geniusz, Wendy Makoons" <GENIUSZW at uwec.edu<mailto:GENIUSZW at uwec.edu>>
Date: 6 juin 2018 12:08:45 HAE
À: MarieOdile Junker <MarieOdileJunker at cunet.carleton.ca<mailto:MarieOdileJunker at cunet.carleton.ca>>

Aaniin:
Could you help me post this on the Algonquiana listserv? I think it might be of interest to some of the members:

Daniel Strouthes, Associate Professor of Anthropology at the University of Wisconsin- Eau Claire, past on yesterday afternoon.  He worked extensively with the Micmac earlier in his career, and he attended several of the Algonquian conferences.  He was only 59 and his caused of death has not been shared with the public.

Miigwech,
Makoons

PS, I'm kind of in shock from this, so I'm not in the right frame of mind to write a nice obit for the listserv. I'm going to forward you the one his department wrote for him in my next email.

Dr. Wendy Makoons Geniusz
Learn Ojibwe For Free On Our Website:
<http://www.uwec.ly/ojibwe>
uwec.ly/ojibwe<http://uwec.ly/ojibwe>
(Copy and paste the above into a web browser to access site)
<http://www.uwec.ly/ojibwe>We also offer credited-classes and an Ojibwe Certificate Program