[Algonquiana] Proto-Algonquian dictionary now available online

McCafferty, Michael L. mmccaffe at indiana.edu
Fri Mar 23 14:02:56 UTC 2018

1993. Not 1983.

De : Gretchen McCulloch [gretchen.mcculloch at gmail.com]
Envoyé : 23 mars 2018 09:45
À : McCafferty, Michael L.
Cc : MarieOdile Junker; ALGONQUIANA at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG
Objet : Re: [Algonquiana] Proto-Algonquian dictionary now available online

That's why I was hoping someone else had done it or was planning on doing it!

I'll point people to Goddard and Costa for more comparative reconstruction in the blog post though.

Thanks,
Gretchen

Hi, Gretchen,

This is Hewson's book from 1983. It's frozen in this form. I believe there are some minor reconstruction problems in it, and perhaps at some point someone will chime in.

Certainly cognates other than the ones Hewson lists exist. However, tracking them down can be tedious. Articles by Ives Goddard and David J. Costa are good places to look for other reconstructed PA forms and cognates.

Best regards,

Michael