[Algonquiana] Roy Wright

Danielle E. Cyr dcyr at yorku.ca
Sun May 20 16:41:10 UTC 2018

Very sorry to hear about Roy’s passing. He was a brilliant mind and a good heart. His love of language and languaging was second to none. I remember him paying me a visit in the Gaspé Peninsula back in the mid-nineties. We drank a good bottle of wine by a camp fire and discussed linguistics using all the languages
I knew at the time. Roy knew many more than I of course yet it was quite fun to switch from English to French to Swedish, Italian, German and a bit of others.

It is comforting to know that he died peacefully with friends and family around him.

Danielle
___________________________________________Dr. Danielle E. Cyr, Senior Scholar at York University & Research Associate at the Mi'gmawei Mawiomi Secretariat339, boul. Perron ouestNew Richmond, QC, 	G0C 2BOdcyr at yorku.ca - 418.392.7271