[Algonquiana] Algonquian Comparisons

Margaret Ann Noodin noodin at uwm.edu
Sun Jun 21 18:09:25 UTC 2020

Gimiigwechiwininim to those who sent a reply! It occurs to me that I should specify I'm writing about Anishinaabe drama with instances of ghosts and the playwrights make allusions to a connection but I think that may be what happens when language collapses a bit - perhaps near homophones start to take on more semiotic significance.

I appreciate the assistance navigating the murky waters of true etymology versus poetics!

Margaret