PNCV *koro / *qoro root, 'to fence'

Chaumont Devin devil at lava.net
Sat Apr 24 02:28:04 UTC 1999

Obviously Malay "kurung", meaning "to enclose, as with a surrounding barrier".

Proto 'r' becomes 'h' in Buru.  Here are some Buru words which seem to
come from the same root:

kohoh, vt. cover.  Ban sir, ban koho kono, My body is covered by
  perspiration.
    cf. siruh.

kohot, n. 1.  The hard, outer bark of the sago tree.
    syn. kuhut, kopin, kupin.

kuhut, n.  The hard, outer bark of the sago tree.
    syn. kohot, kopin, kupin.