announcement (fwd)

Waruno Mahdi mahdi at FHI-Berlin.MPG.DE
Mon Dec 13 17:29:32 UTC 1999

I've been asked to circulate this announcement (please don't respond to me,
but as indicated in the announcement):

   The Consortium for the Teaching of Indonesian and Malay (COTIM) and
Universitas Sam Ratulangi (UNSRAT) are  jointly planning a ten-week
intensive program in advanced Indonesian, to be held Tuesday, June 6
through Wednesday, August 16, 2000, the twenty-fifth such
program in a continuous line of successful summer advanced language
programs hosted by several institutions in Indonesia and Malaysia. Students
who have had two intensive years of classroom instruction or have a
knowledge of Indonesian or Malaysian equivalent to this are eligible to
apply.

  This program is designed to include three basic components: intensive
language study in small groups five days a week for nine weeks,  a one-week
period for field work on individual research topics, and immersion in
Indonesian culture through interaction with Indonesion students and
residence in an Indonesian home.
 Application forms and information on  procedures, eligibility, costs, and
fellowships is available on our website:
	www.wisc.edu/ctrseasia/cotim.html