idiom examples

Chaumont Devin devil at lava.net
Mon Mar 1 05:41:16 UTC 1999

Paul Kroeger <pkroeger at ozemail.com.au>:

> The version I learned was:

> "Guru makan berjalan, murid kencing berlari."
> Lit: "Teacher eats while walking, student pisses while running."

No, no, no, NO!  All of you are wrong.  The original is:

Bapa kincing badiri, ana kincing lari-lari.

If the father pisses standing up, then the son will piss on the run.

Every good Moluccan knows that it is impolite to piss standing up.  I only
wish American men were half so bright.  Every time Charly comes to my
apartment, he throws up the lid and spatters the whole bowl and adjoining
area.  Of course I never tell him this, but after he leaves I have to get
down on my hands and knees with a washrag and clean the place up before I
will sit down on the damned thing again.

American men think they have to stand up and do it from high elevations,
like horses.  Piss on them--unsanitary asses.  We need a revolution.

Can't say I ever liked the smell of Moluccan beaches though.  The only
good thing I can say about it is that the smell used to help me find the
canoe landing at WaeNono from the sea after dark.

--CD.