Brainchild1

Chaumont Devin devil at lava.net
Fri Sep 3 22:12:24 UTC 1999

Dear Colleagues,

I have just released a brand new natural-language computer interface
called Brainchild1.  It is the first such program ever to be based on
Interlinguish and Panlingua.

The exciting part about this for linguists is that it proves that the
Panlingua theory of language really works, and opens up the possibility of
getting together and settling upon some standard definition that all
computer programmers and linguists can use.  Once this has been done, it
will be possible to define any natural language in terms of that standard,
and to determine whether any definition of any language is accurate
through the acid test of computer text generation (if it works, it must be
right).

As a linguistic tool, BC1 can be used to diagram English sentences, and
the Interlinguish output of the parser can be used as the raw material for
machine translation.  Included with BC1 are the SEMLEX lexicon and
ontology.

As a natural-language interface, BC1 can be used to access any computer
subsystem by means of plain English input.  It can be used to communicate
with multiple digital "personalities" and agents, each handling a
different domain of interaction.

Besides these "ready-made" features, BC1 comes with a software developer's
kit that enables a knowledgeable programmer to use its various functions
within his/her own software.

For third-party software developers, Brainchild1 opens up a whole exciting
new world of possibility.  By making appliances conform to an
Interlinguish standard, it will be possible to make all kinds of
appliances, including such diverse things as kitchens and automobiles,
communicate with one another in a format readily convertible to plain
English or any other natural language on earth.

The price is $200, which includes the unlimited right to upgrade to any
future version for %10 of current market value, but not the right to
include BC1 functions in commercial products without special permission.

I have posted information about BC1 on the NewsGroup,
comp.ai.nat-lang, and would be happy to answer any questions.

For many reasons I believe that Brainchild1 represents a great leap
forward in the whole area of linguistics and computer science that will
someday be thought of as a major milestone in the development of our kind.
 This is because an understanding of the principles of Panlingua makes it
possible to do things with computers that we have never done before.  The
whole field of human-like computer-based thinking is now at our fingertips
because we have a knowledge-representation system (Interlinguish)
computers can really use and understand.  I have barely begun to scratch
the surface, but this result of my research has thrown the whole field
right open to everyone.  If you will cooperate with me, I am confident
that we will change the world.

With best regards from Honolulu,
Chaumont Devin.