An Austronesian seminar in Bali

Phil Quick Phil.Quick at anu.edu.au
Mon Dec 11 05:15:46 UTC 2000

Dear Austronesianist friends,

I am posting the following seminar/conference anouncement on behalf of our
Balinese colleagues.  Please do not reply to me, but see below if you are
interested for contact details, etc.

Thanks for your attention.
Phil Quick
Linguistics Department, Research School of Pacific and Asian Studies
Australian National University

-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

SEMINAR ON AUSTRONESIAN: LANGUAGE AND CULTURE
at BPG DENPASAR BALI, 7 & 8 PEBRUARY 2001

Dear Austronesianists,

The Postgraduate Program on Linguistics, Udayana University, Bali will be
launching a national seminar on Austronesian: Language and Culture on 7 and
8 February 2001. The speakers will be mainly Indonesian linguists and
anthropologists such as Prof. Dr Anton M. Moeliono, Prof. Dr. Soenjono
Dardjowidjojo, Prof. Dr Harimurti Kridalaksana, Prof Dr Edy Masinambauw, Dr
Wayan Arka, Dr Ketut Artawa, etc. The committee of this seminar happily
invite other Austronesianists from other countries to participate in the
seminar either as a speaker or a participant. If you are interested in
presenting a paper, please send us your paper/abstract no later than 25
January 2001. Or if you are interested in joining the seminar as a
participant, please send us an email (to pastika59 at yahoo.ca) or you can
just come in the seminar and pay the register fee of Rp 50.000 (=US$ 5,5).

Here are the addresses for the seminar and for sending the paper:

1. Seminar venue:
BALAI PELATIHAN GURU (BPG) DENPASAR
Jalan Tantular, Renon, Denpasar
Bali, Indonesia
Telephone: (0361) 225 666; (0361) 246 682

2.Send your paper to this address:
Program Studi Magister Linguistik
Fakultas Sastra, Universitas Udayana
Jalan Nias 13 Denpasar 80114
Bali, Indonesia
Telephone: (0361) 242 057
Email: pastika59 at yahoo.ca

We appreciate your attention on this matter.

Best regard,

Dr Wayan Pastika
(head of the committe)