Word for "dog" etc.

Isidore Dyen dyen at hawaii.edu
Tue Feb 1 19:35:34 UTC 2000

Curiously the Lukep (Umboi and Long Islands in the neighborhood of New
Britain) language has kuyu 'rat' with some likelihodd that a word for
'rat' could be "promoted" to being used for 'dog'. I have no evidence
however that Lukep did so. I am not sure that this comment does little
more than muddy the waters a bit. Good hunting. ID.