WordNet

Chaumont Devin devil at lava.net
Wed Feb 2 21:15:28 UTC 2000

"RMC" <rcena at epcor-group.com> writes:

>Is anybody developing a WordNet of an Austronesian language?

This is precisely what I tried to get going before (see my last postings),
but with minimal results.  I Think I offered to provide the software, but
can't remember anymore.

>Perhaps we can
>compare notes (though, at this point, I have more questions than
>answers).

And don't we all, and isn't this the reason why this should be done?

Also, we can't develop MT systems for these languages in the future unless
we have ontologies for them.

Kinda hard for linguists to think about these things if they don't even
know what they are, but keep trying, it's 2000 and they are bound to catch
on before 2100!

With best regards from Honolulu,
chaumont Devin.