Re AN native speaker/scholars

Paz B Naylor pnaylor at umich.edu
Tue Feb 22 08:05:54 UTC 2000

Simon Musgrave of Melbourne University informs me that I Wayan Arka, a
native speaker of Balinese and Indonesian, is one of the invited speakers
of AFLA. I am very much relieved to learn of this and I must express my
appreciation of the fact to the organizers of AFLA.

I do not know what happened - this name simply did not print out when I
downloaded the AFLA communication.

I stand corrected - my apologies to AFLA.

Just the same, this does not invalidate the concern that I brought out.

All the best,   Paz

Paz Buenaventura Naylor, Ph.D.
Emeritus Professor, Asian Languages and Cultures
Faculty Associate, Center for Southeast Asian Studies
Program Associate, Linguistics
The University of Michigan
Ann Arbor, MI  48109, U.S.A.
Tel./Fax:  (734) 995-2371