Word for "dog" etc.

Phil Quick Phil.Quick at anu.edu.au
Mon Jan 31 01:43:44 UTC 2000

Dear Dick,
I found one possible connection in Pendau, Tomini-Tolitoli group of Central
Sulawesi:

Pendau		English		Indonesian
sugi		'rich' 		"kaya"

Dog is <asu> in Pendau, so that won't help.  I did find something a bit
distant in connection to your wild pig.  I looked at all the various words
for pigs and babi rusa (including differences for names for sows and boars,
and other ages), the remote possility is (if you come up with anything with
this please let me know!):

dalode 	'babi rusa piglet'	"anak babi rusa"