Jobs in Linguistics

Carl Rubino rubino at humanitas.ucsb.edu
Fri Jul 7 00:18:02 UTC 2000

AnswerLogic.com, a question-answering software company in downtown
Washington DC is hiring a few more linguists and lexicographers to join
its staff.  To browse available positions, please visit:

http://www.answerlogic.com/careers.html

Information on the Core Linguist position follows, feel free to distribute
this to your favorite students:

We are seeking applicants with a B.A./B.S. in linguistics (or comparable
background); a higher degree (M.A. or Ph.D.) is a plus. Qualified persons
will have a solid understanding of English grammar - including the ability
to categorize words (part of speech) and identify their functions - as
well as an excellent vocabulary. Familiarity with Princeton University's
WordNet <http://www.cogsci.princeton.edu/~wn/project is a plus.
Experience with information or computer science is desirable. Please note
that currently we are not looking for translators or translation services.

Qualified candidates please send resume and cover letter to
languagelover at answerlogic.com <mailto:languagelover at answerlogic.comand
note that you are applying from the FUNKNET list. Please note that
applications without a detailed cover letter will not be considered.

AnswerLogic offers benefits that surpass the traditional. In addition to
paid vacation and a first-rate healthcare plan, we offer stock options,
flexible hours, casual dress, a transportation allowance, diverse and
bright coworkers, dinner if you work late and a fully-stocked fridge.
What's more, we're always open for suggestions.

We believe you should gain as much working with us as we gain from the
skills and experience you offer. Our goal is to provide you with an
environment conducive to getting results. <<...>