Ursula Hanley request

Gary Heathcote zinjman at uog9.uog.edu
Tue Nov 21 00:57:51 UTC 2000

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 10:25:10 +1000 (GMT+1000)
From: "John A. Walsh" <jawalsh at uog9.uog.edu>
To: Gary Heathcote <zinjman at uog9.uog.edu>
Subject: Re: Forwarded mail....

Gary,
I don't know about Yapese, but Ulithians use the expression:"chol bogat"-
    chol bogatai--literally "those of my land" for first person singular
   chol bogatom --    ""     "those of your land" for second person sing.
		and so forth

I believe this to be the case throughout the outer islands of Yap. For
example,
 when a person travels to another island--say Ulithi to Woleai-- he or she
will seek out " chol bogatal" (his or her kinsman).

As for Yapese, there is a man from Yap working at UOG Telecommunications
with Bruce Best --Mike Dabchur (7352620). He would be a good informant.

GARY, WILL YOU PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO URSULA HANLEY.
Thanks, Jack