Tagalog-12

potet POTETJP at wanadoo.fr
Wed Apr 25 14:34:02 UTC 2001

"Tagalog is a fully grown tree.  (As another of my teachers, Kenneth Pike
(recently deceased), who has worked with numerous "exotic" languages, had
said, there is no such thing as an underdeveloped language - they are all
fully developed.)" Paz B. NAYLOR

I never said Tagalog was an underdevelopped tree or intended to suggest such
a thing. I merely said that Filipino, because ot its ambition to cover all
human knowledge - which is praiseworthy, lacks a great many branches, e.g.
mathematics.
Also, please see my answer to Dr. RAMOS.

Jean-Paul G. POTET. B. P. 46. 92114 CLICHY CEDEX. FRANCE.