Tagalog

Christopher Sundita csundita at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 13 17:05:57 UTC 2001

> b) NILA and KILA have always been in use side by side in my old Manila
> dialect and everyone else I knew - my contemporaries, my parents and
> grandparents and their contemporaries.  What I said above of KILA applies to

<Nila> and <kila> is found in my family and relatives' dialect, who came to
Makati and Pasay from other parts of the Philippines (Tagalog-speaking and
otherwise) a century ago.  I myself, born and raised in the US, use <nila> and

FWIW, I thought it was spelled <kela> when I was younger, since that's how we
pronounced it.

--Chris