debates on the AN-LANG list

John Lynch lynch_j at VANUATU.USP.AC.FJ
Thu Jul 26 20:39:27 UTC 2001

Dear Paz (and Malcolm),

While I agree with the broad democratic sentiments you express, I believe
there is a line that can be drawn between maters of general interest (even
if only to a minority of the list membership), and a long series of chats
between basically two people.

My view on the latter is that the two people should go off-list, and conduct
their debate directly, perhaps later posting a summary (a la LinguistList)
if they feel that it has developed into something of more general interest.

John Lynch