Virus reports

Waruno Mahdi mahdi at fhi-berlin.mpg.de
Thu Mar 8 15:37:30 UTC 2001

The computer centre of our institute just issued the following
virus warning I thought I'd share with you. Hope not too late,
-- Waruno

Virus Warning "Naked Wife" :
        Outlook dependend executable Visual Basic-Script
        deletes System-Executables files on Windows PCs.
        An Attachment "NakedWife.Exe" is included.
        Subject "Re:Naked Wife"

Aliases of Naked Wife Virus
        I-Worm.Naked
        I-Worm.Naked.A
        NakedWife.exe
        TROJ_NakedWife
        W32.Naked at MM
        W32/Naked
        Win32/Naked.worm

In the last days a number of virus-reports were received. Once
again I want to point out, do not open attachments inside of an
Email received by unknown senders. Microsoft Outlook users should
delete the Email received by unknown sender immediately.

The actual executable Basic-Script "Naked Wife" becomes dangerous
if the Email is opened with Outlook AND you execute the Attachment
"NakedWife.exe".