field notes on Chuukese language available

Gary Heathcote zinjman at uog9.uog.edu
Mon Aug 19 10:38:05 UTC 2002

Buenas, and pardon the cross-posting.

The message below is from Marilyn Knudson <knudsons at ite.net>; I am posting
it on her behalf:

A few weeks back I met a woman who is interested in connecting with a
linguist working on Chuukese language(s). She told me she has some
material that may be of use to a researcher. Viktoria Sayrs may be
contacted at (671) 828-8138. She did not have e-mail at the time we spoke,
but her mailing address is: PO Box 6078 Merizo, Guam 96916.

According to Viki, she lived in Truk as a child when her father was a TT
administrator. Her mother Alma (a Merizo resident in recent decades) spoke
Trukese and made extensive field notes on the language. Alma died last year.
Viki found the notes among her mother's things, and believes they might be of
professional interest (because of the passage of time).