Sanskrit roots in Indonesian/Malaysian (was query: etymology of Malay sama)

Doug Cooper doug at th.net
Wed Dec 18 09:29:08 UTC 2002

If this is helpful, I've put up a site at http://crcl.th.net/indic/indo.htm
It's dedicated to the extensive wordlist found in:

 Casparis, J.G. de , 1997,  _Sanskrit loan-words in Indonesian:
   an annotated check-list of words from Sanskrit in Indonesian
   and Traditional Malay_

It includes additional items and comments kindly provided by:
  Mahdi, Waruno, 2000,  _Review of J.G. de Casparis 1997_

  Comments, bug reports welcome.

  Be well,
  Doug Cooper