Summary of "Focus system in non-Philippine languages"

pnaylor at umich.edu pnaylor at umich.edu
Mon Jul 1 22:08:18 UTC 2002

May I call your attention to my paper, "Toward Focus in Austronesian" presented at SICAL in Canberra in 1978, subsequently published in the SICAL volume in 1979, edited by Wurm and Carrington?

Re Malagasy,  In Professor Dahl's correspondence with me in connection with his work on Malagasy and its system of focus, he expressed the view that the basic 4-focus system of Tagalog corresponded perfectly with that of Malagasy.

Paz