DEADLINE APPROACHES: Tense etc workshop ALI

John Bowden john.bowden at anu.edu.au
Wed May 1 00:25:26 UTC 2002

Subject: DEADLINE APPROACHES: Tense etc workshop ALI

Australian Linguistics Institute

Workshop on
Tense, aspect, modality and evidentiality in Indigenous languages of
Australia and the Pacific

CALL FOR PAPERS

Please send a half-page abstract by e-mail to

Jane Simpson
jhs at mail.usyd.edu.au

REVISED DEADLINE	Monday 6th May

Workshop
Macquarie University, Sydney
July 19th 2002

This workshop is being run in conjunction with Lauri Carlson's Discourse
Semantics course.  We hope to explore the meanings in discourse of tense,
aspect, modality and evidentiality forms.  We are also interested in
papers on the split expression of these markers on complex predicates
(coverbs, serial verbs, auxiliaries etc.)

ALI Website:  http://www.ling.mq.edu.au/ali/