New Monograph Series

Ritsuko Kikusawa ritsuko at aa.tufs.ac.jp
Fri Nov 15 07:20:37 UTC 2002

Dear Colleagues (please feel free to forward this message to those who may
be interested),

The Japanese Society for Oceanic Studies (JSOS) has been considering a new
Monograph series to add to our annual journal People and Culture in Oceania
(an English, refereed journal).  Each issue will be in either Japanese or
English, and with a focus on Oceanic studies in any academic field(s).
Please note that by “Oceania” is meant here the broad geographical Oceanic
area, or, “Pan Pacific”, thus including such areas as South Asia and
Australasia.

Further details of this new series are yet to be determined, but at this
stage the (pre)editorial board, of which I am a member, are interested in
getting in touch with potential contributors.  If you think you may be
interested in having your monograph considered for publication in this
series, please let us know of its expected title, language used, and
approximate size.

Please contact me directly regarding this matter, either via e-mail
(ritsuko at aa.tufs.ac.jp) or fax +81-42-330-5668.
Thank you very much.

Ritsuko Kikusawa Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Research Institute for the Languages and Cultures of Asia and Africa