Revolting (off topic)

John Lynch lynch_j at VANUATU.USP.AC.FJ
Sun Sep 29 21:16:17 UTC 2002

... and in any case, perhaps best to get the Hawai'i state motto on your
website correct:

'Ua mau ke ea o ka 'aina i ka pono

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Marck [mailto:jeff.marck at att.net]
Sent: Sunday, 29 September 2002 2:09 a.m.
To: AUSTRONESIAN LANGUAGES AND LINGUISTICS
Subject: Revolting (off topic)

To: An-Lang and ArcLing email lists

Please post to other lists as appropriate.

	We have become a much sadder
	but not necessarily wiser nation.
		Danial Shore, National Public Radio (NPR), 9/7/2
		Reflections on September 11, 2001

			http://CornPatchRevolt.home.att.net

Jeff Marck here, reporting from The Fatherland for 242 more days and
counting. "The Big Island", as I think of it. The insularity of our leaders
being nearly complete.

Immediately after Spetember 11, 2001, 18% of American residents (citizens?)
polled related that they felt the attacks were our government's fault... a
result of its racism, denial of Muslim humanity, unwavering support of
Isreal's illegal settlements in The Occupied Territories and collective
punishment of the Palestinians, our massacre of 200,000 Iraqi conscripts
without doing ANYTHING to give those poor people democracy... the list goes
on.

A group of us in the Corn Belt, working outward now from an initial core of
Lutheran Palestinian sympathizers, wishes to immediately begin publishing
shrill complaints about our government's systematic denial of Muslim
humanity in larger and larger circulation American newspapers.

As a Moroccan taxi driver friend said recently, "These people are nice. But
they're STUpid."

A major component of our campaign will involve being clear about our
abhorrence of certain "Christians" who now, for instance, on the radio I am
listening to, are ranting that the Muslims are all going to hell anyway (so
let's go kill more hundreds of thousands of them).

America must get ITS fundamentalists under control. How will history judge
us if we do not? Not to mention how the world, but for Isreal, judges us
now.

If you are one of or know any of the 18% of Americans that feel we have
mainly our government to blame for September 11, or have come to feel that
way and/or know other people who have, please visit / refer them to the web
site at the top of this email message.

We ask that participants be American citizens and registered to vote,

Draft ads in the web site speak from the point of view of appalled
Christians or others who believe in a God of Light and specifically renounce
certain American "Christians" as ungodly in their approach to "Middle East"
(as they tend to call The Holy Lands) problems.

Don't believe in God? Go to Chuuk or Saipan and bask in the magic rainbows,
etc. (esp. abundant when the navigators of The People of the Broken Reef
have sailed in).

We ask that Muslims NOT join us. This is something we wish to do FOR our
Muslim friends... and for ourselves. Every country has a right to self
defense but it would be nice if we didn't need so much of it.

Huhp! Huhp! Huhp!

$10 per month per person to build up a shrill, sustained campaign of
complaints about the unholy alliance between these "Christians" and our
elected officials. MORE during election campaigns.

USA Today full page ads are about $75,000 for black and white. Need 7,500
participants to do one a month or similar things. Need 100 to get things
started in small publications

Get on with it, Americano/a! Ya know somebody's gotta do it!

Huhp! Huhp! Huhp!

Revulsed in The Corn Patch
Jeff Marck

Jeff Marck