[An-lang] followup: special session at AFLA

Kie Zuraw kzuraw at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 18 03:12:06 UTC 2004

Dear Colleagues,

I hope you all received the call for papers for AFLA
XII that I just circulated. (If not, it can be found
at http://www.linguistics.ucla.edu/afla12.)

As the call mentioned, we are applying for funding to
hold a special session, with both papers and posters.
The special session would be on child acquisition of
Austronesian languages. We know of several researchers
who are working on this topic, but of course we surely
don’t know about everyone. If you are doing research
on child acquisition of Austronesian languages or know
of someone who is, please contact me (at this address
or at kie at ucla.edu) so that we can gauge potential
interest in the special session.

We are especially interested in recruiting abstract
submissions from acquisition researchers at
institutions in Austronesian-speaking countries, and
the bulk of the funding that we’re applying for is to
pay travel costs for those participants.

Thank you for your attention and I hope to see some of
you in April 2005 at AFLA.

-Kie Zuraw
UCLA Dept. of Linguistics