[An-lang] FWD: A query

Waruno Mahdi mahdi at fhi-berlin.mpg.de
Mon May 10 14:12:43 UTC 2004

This message was sent to Bahasa list, but will perhaps have
more chance of getting the requested information on this list.
Please respond to the original sender:

      Carrie Miller <carriemiller86 at yahoo.com>

The Query:

Dear Sir or Madam,

My name is Carrie Miller and I am in need of your
assistance. I would like to study an ancient
Austronesian language (South Pacific/Indian Ocean
area) for a graduate university class that I am doing.
While there are many languages to choose from, there
are not many "lost" languages that can be researched
or studied, due to a lack of recorded or reference
material.

I was hoping you could help me in two ways: 1. Help me
identify an Austronesian language; and 2. Direct me to
any resources that could help me in my study of this
language.

I know it's a rather odd query, but I would really
appreciate your help.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
Carrie Miller