[An-lang] broader terms--Filipino/Pilipino

Paz B. Naylor pnaylor at umich.edu
Wed Jun 8 03:57:05 UTC 2005

I remember knowing - long before, and after,  I became a linguist - that the
Kapampangans were known to be prone to pronouncing  /p/ as /f/ and which
had/have been the subject of many a joke.

Anyhow, with a number of Philippine languages having /f/ - wouldn't this
justify naming the Philippine National Language legally and officially
"Filipino"?