[An-lang] UK Austronesian workshop on 20 May

Bill.Palmer Bill.Palmer at surrey.ac.uk
Fri May 6 17:23:15 UTC 2005

Dear colleagues

The UK Austronesian Research Group (UKARG) is holding its First Workshop on Austronesian Languages and Linguistics on Friday 20th May, at St Catherine's College Oxford.

The keynote presentation will be given by Malcolm Ross (Research School of Pacific and Asian Studies, ANU). Other speakers include Peter Austin (SOAS); David Gil (MPI for Evolutionary Anthropology); Åshild Næss (Oslo); Clodagh Norwood (LaTrobe); Nick Thieberger (Melbourne/PARADISEC); and myself, Bill Palmer (Surrey).

The program for the workshop can be accessed via the events link on the UKARG website at www.surrey.ac.uk/lcts/bill.palmer/UKARG_site/. Abstracts will be made available online next week.

Registration is free, and lunch and morning and afternoon coffee will be provided. However, if you plan to attend please register by noon on Wednesday 11th May to help us arrange catering. Lunch and coffee will only be available to those who register. Register by emailing bill.palmer at surrey.ac.uk.

The workshop will begin at 9.30 and finish at 5.30. We plan to go out for a meal afterwards, and all those who are able to are encouraged to come along.

For instructions on how to get to St Catherine's College Oxford, visit www.stcatz.ox.ac.uk/Getting_to_Catz/Travelling_to_St_Catherines.htm

I hope to see you in Oxford on the 20th.

Bill Palmer
UKARG convenor

Dr Bill Palmer
Research Fellow