Br. Andrew Gonzalez FSC (1940-2006)

Malcolm Ross Malcolm.Ross at ANU.EDU.AU
Mon Jan 30 07:24:04 UTC 2006

It is with great sadness that we announce the death of Br. Andrew
Gonzalez FSC, DLSU-Manila
President Emeritus. He passed away yesterday, January 29, at 5:40
p.m., at the De La Salle
University Medical Center in Dasmariñas, Cavite. He died of
complications from diabetes.
He was 65 years old.

Br. Andrew was DLSU President from 1976 to 1991 and 1994 to 1998. He
was the Department of Education, Culture and Sports Secretary from
1998 to 2001. He served as a De La Salle Brother for a total of 50
years.

A man of vision and action, Br. Andrew is an institution builder,
linguist, and academician. He is a
disciple and citizen who brought God’s message to countless
individuals through his work.

His remains lie in state at the Chapel of Most Blessed Sacrament at
DLSU-Manila, 2401 Taft Avenue, Manila.

Schedule of Masses:

Monday           7:00 p.m.
Tuesday           7:00 p.m.
Wednesday      7:00 p.m.

(Chapel will close at 12 midnight.)

The Mass of the Resurrection will be celebrated on Thursday, February
2, 2006 at 9:00 a.m.

In lieu of flowers, we will appreciate donations to the DLSU Charity
Hospital in Apalit, Pampanga.
Make checks payable to the “DLSU Science Foundation (for Br. Andrew
Gonzalez FSC).”

BR. EDMUNDO FERNANDEZ FSC
Brother Visitor
La Salle Provincialate