ALL3 deadline extended

Anthony Jukes aj4 at SOAS.AC.UK
Tue Apr 10 09:39:33 UTC 2007

Please note that the deadline for submissions to ALL3 has been
extended. The new deadline is 1st May 2007.

http://www.soas.ac.uk/lingfiles/ALL3/ALL3.html

UKARG is pleased to announce the 3rd Conference on Austronesian
Languages and Linguistics (ALL3), to be held on Friday 21 September
and Saturday 22 September at SOAS in London. It will be hosted by the
Endangered Languages Academic Programme (ELAP), Dept of Linguistics.
Last year's conference in Oxford was attended by researchers from
around the world. We hope that this year's conference will repeat that
success, and are pleased to invite all researchers working on
Austronesian languages to participate.

Researchers working in any area of Austronesian linguistics are
invited to present their research. We welcome contributions relating
to any aspect of Austronesian studies from any perspective, including:

•    formal theoretical issues;
•    typology;
•    descriptive linguistics;
•    documentary linguistics and language endangerment;
•    historical linguistics;
•    lexicology;
•    applied linguistics;
•    discourse.

Papers will be twenty minutes in length plus ten minutes for
discussion. Submissions should be made by email (subject: ALL3
abstract) to aj4 at soas.ac.uk, and should include:

•    title of the paper;
•    name, affiliation, email address, snail address and telephone
numbers of the author(s);
•    a short abstract (max. 400 words)

Deadline for abstracts: 1st May 2007

Registration for ALL3 will be £10, £5 for students/unwaged.

Inquiries may be directed to Anthony Jukes at
aj4 at soas.ac.uk, or to

Anthony Jukes
ELAP, Linguistics
SOAS