Lois Carrington 1928-2008

Paz B. Naylor pnaylor at UMICH.EDU
Sat Apr 5 17:29:23 UTC 2008

Dear Andy and Medina:

Thank you for sharing.

Please extend my heartfelt condolences to her family.

She will indeed be remembered with great respect for all her academic
achievements and accomplishments.
To this, I wish to add what might be viewed as 'achievement' of a personal
nature.
>>From 1978 to 2002, I enjoyed a 'long-distance' but warm friendship with
Lois, a time when she gave me support and encouragement in my work (jokingly
calling me the "Focus Lady") when I was just starting my rather brief career
as a linguist.

I shall miss her.
How I wish I could have seen her when I was in Canberra for 9-ICAL in 2002!
(Remember, Andy - you gave me info on her when I inquired about her.
Unfortunately she and I just managed to have a brief chat on the phone.)

All the best and God bless!

Warmest regards, Pat

Paz Buenaventura Naylor, Ph.D.
Emeritus Associate Professor, Asian Languages and Cultures
              Program Associate, Linguistics
              Faculty Associate, Center for SSEAsian Studies
(formerly) Assistant Professor, Linguistics
                Lecturer, Teaching Fellow, Romance Languages
The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor MI 48109
Home Address: 2032 Winsted Blvd., Ann Arbor MI 48103
           Tel/Fax:   734-995-2371