Prenasalized stops

Waruno Mahdi mahdi at FHI-BERLIN.MPG.DE
Tue Jun 1 09:46:26 UTC 2010

Roger,

the question is I think a bit difficult to answer, or rather, it will
be extremely difficult do judge from texts in some unkown language,
whether that which looks like what you want really is what you want.

The way I undersand you, you are looking for examples of -C1C2-
clusters, where C1 and C2 are non-syllabic non-vowels, of which
C2 is a prenasalized stop, e.g. C1 = _l_, and C2 = _mb_.
In other words, you do not mean-C1C2C3- where C2=_m_, C3=_b_,
correct?

As a first guess, I would suggest looking through some Tibeto-Burmic
languages, beginning with Tibetan, though I don't know whether it has
such monosegmental prenasalized stops.

Otherwise, you wouldn't need to look far. A small internet search
I did immediately came up with the following AngloSaxon personal
names:

Tyler Colmby  http://www.woome.com/TColmby/

Whitney A. Colmby  http://www.sparklecityblogs.com/2009/10/todays-mark-twain/

Gary, Tony, and Alice Colmby  http://www.thepeoplesmusicawards.com/people/

"Colmby" also seems to be a textured chenille upholstry fabric
according to  http://www.discountfabricsusacorp.com/cochle3yare.html

Aloha,
Waruno

Waruno Mahdi               tel:   +49 30 8413-5105
Faradayweg 4-6             fax:   +49 30 8413-5106
14195 Berlin               email: mahdi at fhi-berlin.mpg.de
Germany                    WWW:   http://www.waruno.de/