Sources on loan phonology in languages of North Luzon?

Gillian Sankoff gsankoff at COMCAST.NET
Thu Mar 4 04:16:59 UTC 2010

Dear colleagues,
I have an undergraduate student, Danielle Daidone, doing a senior
thesis on the phonology of loanwords in Itawit/Itawes.  She has
collected material herself from a speaker of this language, but we
have looked in vain for research on loan phonology in any of the
languages of northern Luzon.  We would also be very interested in
finding dictionaries or word lists from any of these languages.
Within Austronesian, I am much more familiar with the literature on
New Guinea languages and Oceanic generally, so I'd very much
appreciate any assistance in advising a student in dealing with a
language of the Philippines.  Any references will be very welcome,
either to Danielle (address above) or me, or both of us.  My best
address is gillian at ling.upenn.edu (sometimes the address my mail goes
out from, gsankoff at comcast.net, rejects incoming mail from
international sources.  I apologize for this glitch which I can't seem
to correct).

Best wishes,
Gillian

Dr. GIllian Sankoff